Entrepreneurship in VET
Entrepreneurship and Employment Training Activity (MEEETA), Phase IV
|Duration||01.01.2019 - 31.12.2021|
|Implementatori||Dacia Youth Resource Centre (Soroca); Business Women's Association (Balti); Women's Association of Gagauzia (Comrat); Chamber of Commerce and Industry, all technical vocational education institutions in Moldova|
|Partners||Ministry of Education, Culture and Research; Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development, and Environment; Ministry of Finance|
The project promotes the economic empowerment of young people by facilitating the development and application of their entrepreneurial skills. The main activities are:
- Building and strengthening national capacity for entrepreneurship education in technical vocational education institutions.
- Assisting final year students and graduates of technical vocational education institutions to develop and implement business plans through business plan competitions, additional post-graduation courses in entrepreneurship for business start-up, business start-up grants.
- Assist key ministries with an impact on technical vocational education in coordinating joint efforts towards better regulatory policies in the field of entrepreneurial activity of technical vocational education institutions.
- Support technical vocational education institutions in planning and monitoring their entrepreneurial activities.
To further increase the chances of graduates of technical vocational education institutions to find a job or start a micro-enterprise in their own country.
- There is national capacity to provide entrepreneurship education in technical vocational schools
- Final year students and graduates of technical vocational education institutions apply their own entrepreneurial skills
- Technical vocational education institutions practice entrepreneurial activities for better quality of students’ vocational training and income generation.
103 teachers from 66 vocational training institutions were trained in teaching the subject “Basics of Entrepreneurship” and in developing teaching projects;
78 teachers of mathematics, Romanian, modern languages, IT and civic education were informed about developing entrepreneurial skills;
184 vocational and technical education graduates were trained in post-VP entrepreneurial training courses and 121 (65.8%) business plans submitted by vocational and technical education graduates;
47 VET school graduates applied for grants, 29 (61.7%) of them received support in the form of equipment grants amounting to approximately USD 37,410.00;
Regulations of the national competition among VET schools “Best Business Plan-2016”, developed and approved by the Ministry of Education;
2 editions of the national competition “The best business plan” held, in which 130 vocational education graduates participated, of which 11 students were designated winners in the competition
18 master-classes organised for 394 graduates and 11 internships organised for 194 vocational education graduates;
3 VET institutions developed and piloted business plans for income-generating activities;
14 training courses and workshops on income-generating activities were organised for pilot VET schools, for pilot schools, (including for school principals, accountants, teachers and schoolmasters) in cooperation with the KulturKontact Austria project team.