SECI - Solar Energy Skills Development Initiatives
|Duration||01.01.2019 - 31.12.2021|
|Implementers||Education for Development Association|
|Partners||Ministry of Education, Culture and Research|
|Beneficiaries||Centre of Excellence in Construction (CEC), Centre of Excellence in Energy and Electronics (CEEE)|
The project intends to strengthen the capacity of training providers for solar energy technologies (photovoltaic systems, solar thermal systems, heat pumps); thus contributing to the development of the renewable energy sector in Moldova.
Strengthening the skills of teachers training specialists in renewable energy: photovoltaic systems, solar thermal systems and heat pumps.
Development of materials and two course materials (contents) for teachers who teach these courses.
Installation of the first technical equipment for teaching purposes and development of a plan for further capacity building in these areas.
- In the pilot phase, SECI will implement various activities to strengthen the training capacities of the two partner institutions: the Centre of Excellence in Construction (CEC) and the Centre of Excellence in Energy and Electronics (CEEE). The project will develop the first course material on solar thermal systems and heat pumps (CEC) as well as on photovoltaic systems (CEEE). The logic is to start developing content (or course elements) for students, and at the same time test the ground for developing content for other target groups. In this way, teachers start working with their students before responding to the challenges of developing new content for new target groups.
- In order to have regular feedback on training needs (initial training and continuing training) and to motivate companies to get involved in training (e.g. during the exam, but also for production practice), the project will engage relevant companies in each sector for a regular exchange of information.
- The project will install a very small PV system for teaching purposes at the partner institution CEEE. In the future, the project could install a PV system with a larger capacity (up to 20 kWp). In addition, the first steps will be taken to equip a practical training workshop for the execution of electrical works and PV technologies.
- At CEC the project will install a small heat pump for air-water as well as a system for air-air energy transfer for demonstration purposes. The project will install a small heat pump for air-water as well as a system for air energy transfer for demonstration purposes.
- In addition to the course for solar thermal technology, courses will also be developed in the field of heat pump systems (CEC) and for photovoltaic systems (CEEE). The project will involve relevant companies from each sector in order to have an exchange of experience and feedback on training needs (both for initial and continuing training) and to motivate companies to get involved in the training process (e.g. qualification exam, but also for internships) on a regular basis.